Date : 07 November 2012 Time : 1200 - 1330 Hrs
Hall : 4 Format : Panel Discussion
Financing the next 30,000MW
India is laying down its most ambitious target for renewable energy till date - adding 30,000MW in 13th five year plan (between FY 2012-17). The panel will explore various elements of policy, financing options and power markets that will determine if the target can be achieved.
Discussion will be focused on the following issues:
- What are the key elements of wind, solar and renewables polices that would comfort the lenders?
- What would be breakup of debt from Indian banks, public financial institutions & non-banking financial companies, foreign commercial banks and multilaterals/Emix banks to fund the 30,000MW target?
- Is entry of large foreign institutional investors in Indian renewables sector a trend which is here to stay?
- What changes in the power sector will impact financing of renewables – discom debt restructuring, open access implementation, transmission system upgrades and smart grids?
- Green bonds: impossible dream or distant reality?
- Will a revival of equity markets accelerate the build-out (what avenues can companies explore till then)?
Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Brad Sterley
Global Head Clean Energy Project Finance
Standard Chartered Bank
- Ardeshir Contractor
Managing Director & CEO
- Sanjay Palve*
Senior Group President, Corporate Finance and Senior Managing Director
- Debasish Mishra
Senior Director, Consulting
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd.
- Pankaj Sindwani
Head of Green Cluster Finance
Rajnish K. Sapra
Chief Financial Officer
ACCIONA Energy India Pvt. Ltd.
* Awaiting final confirmation